If you’re feeling creative, get stuck into some spooky bakes and crafts this Halloween. There’s no need to be wasteful – once you’ve used up your Burford Browns make use of the box too. Our favourite craft are these egg carton spiders. They’re a fun way to keep you and your children busy, and so easy to make!
For these egg carton spiders you’ll need:
- Paper egg carton
- Black paint or black spray paint
- Glitter paint or Glitter Glue (optional)
- Paint Brushes
- Black pipe cleaners or chenille stems
- Google eyes (small to medium)
- 1/16 inch round hand punch
- Old newspaper
- Cut the egg holders out of the carton.
- Flip them upside down, and paint them black (use the newspaper to protect your surface).
- To add some sparkle you can use glitter paint to go over the black, or glitter glue, as well.
- While they are still wet, apply the eyes – they should stick on with ease. If they are having trouble holding, just wait until the paint is dry and glue them on.
- After the paint has dried use the hand punch to punch holes – 4 on each side of the spider, toward the bottom of the egg holders.
- Cut pipe cleaners into 4 equal parts.
- Finally, attach 8 pipe cleaner pieces to the holes, and bend to secure – shape the pipe cleaners into legs. You should now have your very own pet spider!